> Gooseys Gabbings-The World of Weird Bizarre and Odd News
 
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Powerball winner to quit job as sacrifice...ummm..ok...
(Columbia) -- The person who won the $15 million dollar Powerball lottery earlier this month after buying a ticket in Florence has come forward.

79-year-old Navy Veteran Dick Sandlin of Wilmington, North Carolina claimed his check, Tuesday.

The ticket was sold at Amoco Food Shop #3 in Florence.

Sandlin and his wife, Colleen, have decided to take the lump sum, which averages out to $7.1 million dollars before taxes.

"I don't feel any different right now than I did before. I'm still dreaming. I guess I'll wake up after a while and jump up and down and hollar and all that stuff," says Dick.

At this point, Sandlin says all he plans on doing with the money is buying "an RC Cola and a Moon Pie."

As for his job with the North Carolina State Parks, "I feel kind of guilty holding a job that someone else might really need, so I think I might just blow out and let someone else have the job," said Sandlin.

This is the fourth time a winning Powerball ticket has been sold in South Carolina, and all four winners have been from North Carolina.

Goosey's Gabbings...

RC Cola and a Moon Pie, eh? I smell a country song on the horizon..

technorati tags:, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Blogged with Flock

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Tim
Home: Noblesville, IN, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile


Subscribe to my feed

Google
Other stories, news, and commentary
Archives
Links

    Add to Technorati Favorites
    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Globe of Blogs
    KMAX Blog Links


    Webfeed (RSS/ATOM/RDF) registered at http://www.feeds4all.com
    RSS
    nfeeds.com
    Humor blogs
    Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Blog Directory Submit
    Link With Us - Web Directory
    Romow Web Directory


    Directory of Entertainment Blogs


    Feed Shark

Template By
Free Blogger Templates