> Gooseys Gabbings-The World of Weird Bizarre and Odd News
 
Monday, March 19, 2007
Cat Bite nets man $122,000 in retribution
FLUSHING, Mich. - A nasty bite on the hand that a man got from his sister's Siamese cat is worth $122,400.

A jury on Friday awarded Michael Sabo, 57, the money for an injury he got when the cat, Randy, bit his right hand in March 2004.

Sabo's fingers swelled so much that they looked like "plump hot dogs," his attorney, Tom Pabst, told The Flint Journal, and an infection put Sabo in a hospital for three weeks. He had to pay thousands in medical bills.

Pabst said Sabo's sister, Jean Toney, had warned people not to pick up Randy because he had bitten people before, but the newspaper said the cat leapt into Sabo's lap.

Sabo initially tried to get his sister's homeowner's insurance policy to cover the cost of treatment. When that request was refused, Sabo had no choice but to take the matter to court, Pabst said.

There was no answer Sunday at a telephone listing for Toney. A call to Pabst on Sunday wasn't immediately returned.

Goosey's Gabbings...
When asked for a comment from Randy, the cat responded with "I apologize for the pain inflicted on my owner's brother. I did not intend for it to get to this point. To be honest, that bastard has been treating me like garbage for a while, so at the time it seemed like a good thing to do. In retrospect, I wish I just would have sprayed his face instead of the violent action I chose to take. I am currently in cat anger management classes, and my progress has been substantial. I am allowed balls of strings but have not been allowed anything with catnip as of yet, which is my next goal. Again, I apologize for my actions and hope that someday Michael can forgive me."

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Tim
Home: Noblesville, IN, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile


Subscribe to my feed

Google
Other stories, news, and commentary
Archives
Links

    Add to Technorati Favorites
    Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    Globe of Blogs
    KMAX Blog Links


    Webfeed (RSS/ATOM/RDF) registered at http://www.feeds4all.com
    RSS
    nfeeds.com
    Humor blogs
    Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites
    Blog Directory Submit
    Link With Us - Web Directory
    Romow Web Directory


    Directory of Entertainment Blogs


    Feed Shark

Template By
Free Blogger Templates